What is Paternity? Paternity is establishing the rights of the Father. What are the many ways that a father can establish Paternity in the state of Florida:

  1. If both parents are married when the minor child is conceived;
  2. If both parents sign a “Paternity Acknowledgement”;
  3. If Paternity has been previously adjudicated by a Court in another state;
  4. If a Court adjudicates Paternity;
  5. If one parent signs an acknowledgement of Paternity.

Usually in most instances, when an unmarried Father is looking to assert his rights as Dad, he would have to file a “Petition for Paternity and Related Relief.” Once accomplished, the ball gets rolling. For more information about conflict resolution options, please think about attending mediation, or even looking to have a document preparation company prepare your documents for you.