What is Paternity? Paternity is establishing the rights of the Father. What are the many ways that a father can establish Paternity in the state of Florida:
- If both parents are married when the minor child is conceived;
- If both parents sign a “Paternity Acknowledgement”;
- If Paternity has been previously adjudicated by a Court in another state;
- If a Court adjudicates Paternity;
- If one parent signs an acknowledgement of Paternity.
Usually in most instances, when an unmarried Father is looking to assert his rights as Dad, he would have to file a “Petition for Paternity and Related Relief.” Once accomplished, the ball gets rolling. For more information about conflict resolution options, please think about attending mediation, or even looking to have a document preparation company prepare your documents for you.